jueves, 19 de enero de 2012

When you think a situation cannot get any worse...it gets

This Monday was very cold. In the morning, I rode my bike to work. This ride lasts 20 minutes, and that day, it was so cold that after 15 minutes I thought of giving up. I couldn't feel my fingers, streams of chilled air (-15C) went through my pants and my face was completely red and aching...but I continued and safely reached my destination.

A colleague from work and I talked recently about this and she said something very nice. I will quote her "When one thinks it is impossible to continue, one can still go a little bit further". I think it is a beautiful sentence, however I instantly modified it to fit into the way life often is: Shitty! This is the new quote "When you think a situation cannot get any worse...it gets" 

I can provide you with some examples:

Once I was in the kitchen, I dropped a knife which felt on my barefoot, while getting the knife away from my foot (it got stuck), I hit my elbow on the funny bone with the table. It was horrible! The worst thing was that when I got stood up again (I bent to pick up the knife) I hit my head with the handle of a sauce pan. I am not kidding, this really happened.

Another time, I was in London with my brother, and on the first day, I was brushing my teeth and when I finished, I spit and in that exact moment, my brother wanted to put his toothbrush under the water tap...of course I completely spit on his toothbrush. He was so pissed of and I was laughing so strong, that I accidentally hit his arm so strong, that he dropped the toothbrush and it landed in the water closet.

This is the latest: Right now, I am at a friend's, I am babysitting (baby is safe and asleep, so I can write these lines and sip some wine), well, today nothing had gone wrong until the moment I entered this apartment: I came in, I took my winter-boots off (in Austria, people usually take their shoes off when entering an apartment/house). And then...well, it is not that I like my friend, she is indeed gorgeous, but who wants to give a bad impression? Not me! well, as soon as I took my boots off, i noted a strong cheesy smell. I am not exaggerating, my feet really smell like cheese in this moment! My first reaction was to run into the toilet and perform a quick test to be sure it was my feet. The results of the test were positive, so to calm down, I took a pee (I was already there seating on the WC, so why not?). I was about to finish when the child I am baby-sitting now opened the door and said "o car" (I think she meant Oscar). So, there I am, seating on the toilet, peeing, sad and nervous because of my feet and there is a 2 year old child staring at me laughing.

...I thought this couldn't get any worst, so I let some fresh air into my socks, i stood up, flushed, buckled my belt, washed my hands and with no self-esteem at all, I went to the kitchen, and my friend  asked me: Do you smell that?

2 comentarios:

  1. You pee sitting down?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. no, I stand up and raise my right leg when I pee just like a dog...of course I sit! we are in the 21st century!

    ResponderEliminar